Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publishing chained apps

MCDR929
8 - Asteroid

I wasn't able to find much on this topic, and I've run into a bump in the road regarding publishing chained apps.

Essentially, I have two published apps in the gallery.  One has 3 chained workflows, and the other has 4.  Recently, a .yxdb they use became corrupted, so I had to create a new one.  But now, I'm having issues re-publishing the updated versions.

Each .yxwz is set up in interface designer to trigger the next app.

What are the steps to bundle and publish them?  Do I just save the first app to the gallery, and if so, how do I manage the assets? 

Currently, when I look at the manage assets window for the first app, I have the apps that follow it selected.  I have de-selected all the temp files used throughout, and also de-selected the master file the apps read from (which is not static).

I thought I had done it correctly, but when I run the app from the gallery, no data gets displayed after the first section of the app.  And I know data is present and should be appearing.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

3 REPLIES 3
mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi @MCDR929,

Yes, you should just have to save your first app of the chain to the gallery. If you have them properly chained (set up through the interface designer as below), then it should package all of your chained workflows together when it saves up to the gallery.

Capture.PNG

If you are still having issues, I recommend re-chaining them and saving a new version to the gallery.

Best,

mmenth

wottel
8 - Asteroid

Hi mmenth ,

thanks for the posted info.. helped me get started.. 

However... Is there a limit to how many apps you can chain on the gallery.. I have 6 apps total and the last one doesn't run. However, if i manually kick of no. 5, both 5 & 6 will run. 

additional info/correction:

I noticed if i started with workflow no. 4, i would get prompted to click Run again. I checked again starting with the 1st workflow, and the same result.. What i thought was a failure to run was actually just another prompt to click Run again. 

So the Chain appears to be in tact, but i'm getting another prompt in the gallery to run before the last workflow executes. Again, this doesn't happen when i start with no. 5. As far as i can tell, i don't have any actual questions for this last App. Is there something I'm missing?

wottel
8 - Asteroid

So i kept playing with these and the way i finally got them to work correctly was to remove them all from the Server and republish them in reverse order.. So published the last App first and worked my way backwards to the first App. 

After doing this, all 6 workflows ran without any additional prompts. 

Labels