Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publishing a view in Hadoop with a LIMIT

nstoycheff
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I'm currently running an Alteryx Pilot, trying to build value as fast as I can.  I've done some research but can seem to find exactly what I need.

I'm trying to create a view in Hadoop, with a LIMIT of a few hundred records.  For context, I prefer using a view because our data changes daily, and I don't want to go thru the trouble of updating the table daily.  I'm sure this could be automated in the back-en, but I'm just an end-user here, limited technical skills and permissions.

My Alteryx workflow is all made using In-DB tools.

Today, the way we get our extracts onto tableau server is by :

1. Create a view in HUE with a LIMIT in our query
  2. Connect to the View in Tableau desktop
  3. Publish the datasource Extract to Server
  4. Setup the data extract refresh schedule
  5. Go back in HUE, and run an ALTER statement to remove the LIMIT in the query

I'm unsure how to accomplish steps 1 and 5 with Alteryx.  I'm assuming I could run the workflow twice, once with a limit, and re-run without said limit.  The Write Data In-DB tool doesnt have a limit parameter.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
nstoycheff
6 - Meteoroid

Just found out there's a tool called Publish to Tableau Server when you download the add-on suite.

Labels