Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to tableau server batch macro

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I would like to publish multiple data source into tableau server and I added interface tools to do a batch process.

Batch macro.png

When I run the batch macro in a standard workflow, the data source is always uploaded into the "Test" project.  It seems like the data source name is updated correctly, but the project name is not updated correctly using interface tools.

Here is the "Project Name" action tool configuration:

Project Name configuration.png

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Sincerely,

knozawa

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I managed to get it working - not sure what I did differently.

Feel free to try out attached workflow package with your tableau server.

publish tableau server.png

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidP,

Thank you.  Unfortunately, the macro was blank, so I could not run the workflow.

David.png

Is your publish to tableau server macro V2.0? 

Do you think we have to set the "Group By" parameter for the batch macro?

Group by.png

Sincerely,

knozawa

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @knozawa, I've updated the macro to use publish to tableau server macro V2.0 and tested to see that it works. Please see new version attached.

You don't need to use the group by features in the macro - leave them as 'None'

Hopefully this works for you. Remember to change the Projects in the Text input to existing Projects on your Tableau server. The Publish to Tableau Server macro is also configured to 'Create' the new datasource, so if you run it more than once, you'll get an error if Test1 and Test2 already exist.

Please let me know if you can't get it working.

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidP,

Thank you.  I could save the data source with specified name, but the data source was saved into the same folder that was configured in the publish to tableau server macro.  In the macro, I configured to save the data source into the "Test" project folder.  When I changed the project folder to be "Default" using the text input tool, I received this message:

Publish to tableau server_default.png

Although the message states that "the file successfully uploaded to xxx.com (File is 'test2.hyper" + in project "Default"), when I checked the tableau server, the data source was uploaded into the "Test" folder instead.

I wonder if I have to modify something within the macro.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

knozawa

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidP ,

After using the publish to tableau server version 1.09.2, I could successfully upload different data source into tableau server using batch macro.

Sincerely,

knozawa

Labels