Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Publish to tableau Tool

Vyx
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am currently looking to use Alteryx to automate the refreshing of a tableau dashboard - I have a fairly simple workflow; input tool to bring in the data and remove the first 11 rows as they are blank. Then publish to tableau tool to publish the cleaned data to tableau. 

The connection appears to have worked fine however when I go to publish I get 2 error messages in red saying:

Error: The file was not uploaded successfully

Finished running Publish NTB Dashboard.yxmd in 53.7 seconds with 1 error

I've read the details from the below link:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-How-to-Guide-to-Publishing-to-T...

However there is nothing there that I can't see that I haven't considered (I did select to override the data source so it's not that!). Unfortunately, my employer has strict rules about uploading files so I am not able to upload a sample workbook - however I think the issue may be related that the data has been joined in tableau - does that mean I need to perform the equivalent in Alteryx to get hte data to publish successfully or does it have to do with the calculations that I created in tableau. 

Many thanks for your help with this! 

Kind Regards,

Viral. 

1 REPLY 1
Sethmb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Vyx, 

For this error there is an adjustment you will need to make to the Publish to Tableau Server Macro. The instructions can be found below in the following link. Make sure to run Designer as elevated or as an admin in order to make the change. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Error-The...

Thank you, 

Seth | Alteryx Customer Support

Labels