Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Publish to Tableau select project error

mdshujonalam
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have a workflow where I'm extracting data from SQL, writing in Excel and publishing to Tableau server. I'm getting an "Select an existing project" error although Project name is populated in Configuration.

The workflow runs in local environment with error but fails to run from published gallery. Any ideas what configuration to adjust?

Thanks,

Shujon

mdshujonalam_0-1648823206825.png

2 REPLIES 2
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mdshujonalam

I can see you're using the "Publish to Tableau" macro in your workflow that throws an error ("SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input").

You can try this tool instead: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Tableau-Output-Tool/ta-p/877902

But maybe you want to write to support@alteryx.com, because there is no chance we can see what may be happening from your workflow (it connects directly to a DB, writes a network share file and uploads to a non public Tableau server).

Drussek
9 - Comet

Maybe you try to upload a file when it doesnt exists yet?

If you separate those operations and at first you run this part which creats it (put it in container and disable this part)

Secondly run the part which publish the file.

Will you have the same error?

Labels