Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Tool

aiubxh8
7 - Meteor

I am trying to help a colleague download the Publish to Tableau tool, and while following the "How-to" guide found in another post on the community, neither of us are able to access the link provided (https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server--Installer-/58f7e758a18e9e18fcad65a7).

The page just says "Loading" for an endless amount of time. Any thoughts on why we are having trouble accessing this page?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

Worked with Chrome!

Thanks!

JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

Hi again Sophia:

One more question: I have both Designer 11.0 and 11.3 installed on my computer... long story...

In any case, I installed 11.0 after installing the Tableau tool into 11.3, and now I need to install the tool into the 11.0 tool palette too...

How can I get the install process to go to 11.0 instead of 11.3?

JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

So I think I resolved it... I renamed the install folder where Alteryx 11.3 is installed and when I double-clicked the Tool installer it prompted me to select which application to open it with and I chose the 11.0 install.

I now see the Tableau tool in the 11.0 tool palette.

New issue - when I try to save my workflow on the company gallery, I get the message in the screen shot below. And when I try to run it from the Gallery, I get the message in the second screenshot. Can you provide any guidance on how to resolve it?:

AlteryxGallerySave.jpg

AlteryxGalleryRun.jpg

benakesh
12 - Quasar

The tool  should  be installed on server  also . 

quantruong
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

I got this error trying to open the downloaded macro for "publish to Tableau server" (all 3 versions available)

I'm using Alteryx version 2018.3.

Can you please advise how to fix this?

Thanks.

Quan.

error.PNG

Labels