This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Editing the version and the dbname are the main two things I've done to get things working but it is easy to change them to the wrong thing. I recommend taking a look at this community post, specifically at the post by jdrummey a couple of ones down.
The main thing he specifies that isn't necessarily clear is that you need to make sure there are no spaces in your .tds name or in the dbname element inside. The dbname element also needs to match the exact name of the actual "Data source name" you're using inside the Publish to Tableau Server tool itself. I've attached an example workflow that shows how I've set it up successfully.
My Data source name inside the tool was "tds_test" and I named my actual tds file "tds_test" as well. I changed the dbname element to 'Data/Extracts/tds_test.hyper'. The last note I'll make is that your version number needs to match your Tableau Server but only with one period. For example my Tableau Server version is 10.5.2 but I needed to put 10.5 in the version element.
Let me know if this helps and please mark as a solution so others can find if it does!