Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server not sending tde file to data source folder of workbooks

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Publish to Tableau server macro is working and publishing tde files to data sources folder in projects.Project.PNG

However, I have to overwrite tde files in data source folder of workbooks. I tried changing giving complete url in macro but it is not working. You can see in below tde files old and not overwritten. Please provide a solution.

Workbooks.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@puttarajud Do you have the Output options in the Output tab of the macro set to Overwrite data source?

Tableau Out.png

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

Yes, I have selected Overwrite datasource option. I have tried by entering complete url of workbook's datasource folder but tde files are saving in project's datasource folder.

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

Any Solution?

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

In order to update a workbooks data source, the workbook would need to be refreshed. At this time, the Tableau Server Macro will only update data source in the projects area of Tableau.

Kirkitu
5 - Atom

Hi,

So how to refresh the workbook automatically?..  My data is updating on tableau server(thru publish to tableau server tool) and have tried to schedule it too.. but workbook is not updating.. any idea what I m missing?

Thanks in advance!!..

Labels