Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server V2.0.0

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I downloaded the "publish to tableau server_v2.0.0.yxi".  I'm using Alteryx 2018.2.  

Publish to Tableau Server.png

I clicked the installer and clicked "Install".  Nothing happened.

Tool installer.png

Does anyone know why I cannot install the tool?

Sincerely,

knozawa

18 REPLIES 18
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @knozawa,

Thank you for the question.

Could you find please check in Connector palette if you could find the tool?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

knozawa
11 - Bolide

@PaulN,

After restarting the PC, I could find the publish to tableau server tool on the connector palette.

Sincerely,

knozawa

iyoob
7 - Meteor

I did the same. However the Publish to Tableau tool seem to be missing the Output Tab section. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

esar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @PaulN,

When I reopen a saved workflow connector tool keeps loading and loading. Every time I have to delete the tool and add it again.

Is it a bug or if I do something wrong?

image.png

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

HI @iyoob,

In order to see the Output tab, you first need to connect to Tableau server. Could you please test and let me know ?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @esar,

Could you please precise your version of Alteryx Designer and of Publish to Tableau Server tool ?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

esar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Tool version is 2.0.0

And Alteryx 2018.2.4.47804

Looks like if I don't disconnect tool from Tableau server that problem occurs after re-opening the workflow file.

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @esar,

Thank you for the quick answer. Could you please open a case with Alteryx Customer Support (support@alteryx.com) for further checks please ?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

iyoob
7 - Meteor

Hi @PaulN

Thank you for the reply. You are correct, I believe I am having problem connecting to Tableau online. But the problem is it is giving errors in 2 different places. One I can read and other is hidden behind the form. 

First of all, I am trying to connect to Tableau online. I don't know if I am putting the credentials etc in the right place under the Sign In To Table Server section. It seems to be pretty basic, but who knows.

Error Description 1: You can see in the bottom left (attached image) there is some error description in red, but hidden behind the form. 

Error Description 2: 4 critical errors in results window (Bottom right). 

Please let me know if you need more information. 

Labels