Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server V2.0.0

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I downloaded the "publish to tableau server_v2.0.0.yxi".  I'm using Alteryx 2018.2.  

Publish to Tableau Server.png

I clicked the installer and clicked "Install".  Nothing happened.

Tool installer.png

Does anyone know why I cannot install the tool?

Sincerely,

knozawa

18 REPLIES 18
iyoob
7 - Meteor

@PaulN

I think I may have come across the reason for my error on a separate discussion. As per your note above I was having problem connecting to the server. and the error message was as follows. 

Status 401: Unauthorized

Signin Error 401001: Error singing in to Tableau Server

Reference to the discussion is below. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Singin-Error-to-Tableau-server-using-P...

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @iyoob,

Thank you for sharing this!

Paul Noirel

Sr Alteryx Customer Support, Alteryx

thejes
5 - Atom

Hi all Folks

I have a similar problem.

I use tableau 2018.1 and alteryx 2018.3. I have used the Publish to alteryx sever 2.0 Tool but i am  getting error as token undefined. Can you folks please help me out?

Jair
5 - Atom

Hi @PaulN,

I'm having the same problem as eraivio.

When first using the Publish to Tableau Server 2.00 I can configure everything but as soon as I try to change something there the tool keeps loading and doesn't let me access it.

I'm using Alteryx version 2018.4.3.54046.

Thanks,

Jair

Jair
5 - Atom

Hi,

I found the issue with the tool loading forever and it was a quite obvious one.

The problem was that I had another Publish to Tableau tool in the same workflow. As soon as I deleted the previous tool the new one worked fine!

Thanks,

Jair

MajorBhatti
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

Same problem..... please help

I believe I am having problem connecting to Tableau online. But the problem is it is giving errors in 2 different places. One I can read and other is hidden behind the form. 

First of all, I am trying to connect to Tableau online. I don't know if I am putting the credentials etc in the right place under the Sign In To Table Server section. It seems to be pretty basic, but who knows.

Error Description 1: You can see in the bottom left (attached image) there is some error description in red, but hidden behind the form. 

Error Description 2: 4 critical errors in results window (Bottom right). 

Please let me know if you need more information. 

stuartpollicott
6 - Meteoroid

Please help me.  I have downloaded the tool, but there is NO YXI file?  Just the macros in a ZIP file?

esar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @stuartpollicott,

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Tool/599c93c8f499c7141c13a619

I'm able to download the .yxi file from this link. Please try again.

EsaR_0-1578056872503.png

stuartpollicott
6 - Meteoroid

.Its OK I found it.  This downloads a ZIP file that I then have to rename to .yxi

Labels