Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server V2.0.0

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I downloaded the "publish to tableau server_v2.0.0.yxi".  I'm using Alteryx 2018.2.  

Publish to Tableau Server.png

I clicked the installer and clicked "Install".  Nothing happened.

Tool installer.png

Does anyone know why I cannot install the tool?

Sincerely,

knozawa

18 REPLIES 18
iyoob
7 - Meteor

@PaulN

I think I may have come across the reason for my error on a separate discussion. As per your note above I was having problem connecting to the server. and the error message was as follows. 

Status 401: Unauthorized

Signin Error 401001: Error singing in to Tableau Server

Reference to the discussion is below. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Singin-Error-to-Tableau-server-using-P...

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @iyoob,

Thank you for sharing this!

Paul Noirel

Sr Alteryx Customer Support, Alteryx

thejes
5 - Atom

Hi all Folks

I have a similar problem.

I use tableau 2018.1 and alteryx 2018.3. I have used the Publish to alteryx sever 2.0 Tool but i am  getting error as token undefined. Can you folks please help me out?

Jair
5 - Atom

Hi @PaulN,

I'm having the same problem as eraivio.

When first using the Publish to Tableau Server 2.00 I can configure everything but as soon as I try to change something there the tool keeps loading and doesn't let me access it.

I'm using Alteryx version 2018.4.3.54046.

Thanks,

Jair

Jair
5 - Atom

Hi,

I found the issue with the tool loading forever and it was a quite obvious one.

The problem was that I had another Publish to Tableau tool in the same workflow. As soon as I deleted the previous tool the new one worked fine!

Thanks,

Jair

MajorBhatti
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

Same problem..... please help

I believe I am having problem connecting to Tableau online. But the problem is it is giving errors in 2 different places. One I can read and other is hidden behind the form. 

First of all, I am trying to connect to Tableau online. I don't know if I am putting the credentials etc in the right place under the Sign In To Table Server section. It seems to be pretty basic, but who knows.

Error Description 1: You can see in the bottom left (attached image) there is some error description in red, but hidden behind the form. 

Error Description 2: 4 critical errors in results window (Bottom right). 

Please let me know if you need more information. 

stuartpollicott
6 - Meteoroid

Please help me.  I have downloaded the tool, but there is NO YXI file?  Just the macros in a ZIP file?

esar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @stuartpollicott,

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Tool/599c93c8f499c7141c13a619

I'm able to download the .yxi file from this link. Please try again.

EsaR_0-1578056872503.png

stuartpollicott
6 - Meteoroid

.Its OK I found it.  This downloads a ZIP file that I then have to rename to .yxi

Labels