Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server Tool on Server 11.0

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I have an error on the Publish to Tableau Server tool.

Publish to Tableau Server Error.png

This error seems to be common for using this tool (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Publishing-Gallery/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Error-after-upgrade-to...).

I installed the latest Publish to Tableau Server [Installer], but the same error happened.  It seems like the tool recognizes my tableau server because I can select project name in the tool. But I cannot publish the data to the server...

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Sincerely,

Kazumi

4 REPLIES 4
MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

@knozawa

That definitely looks like an older error which my team agrees should have been fixed a while back. Can you make sure that you've got v1.08 installed from our official gallery at the following?

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server--Installer-/58f7e758a18e9e18fcad65a7

If you still have issues, we've found that deleting the tool from the canvas and re-configuring a new Publish to Tableau tool has also fixed this in some of our previous cases. Let us know how it goes!

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
knozawa
11 - Bolide

@MikeSp,

Thank you for your response.  Could you please tell me how to delete tool from canvas?

Sincerely,

Kazumi

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx
@knozawa

Sorry for any confusion, you can just remove the tool from your current workflow and then add the tool back in (basically reconfiguring the tool from scratch).
Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
knozawa
11 - Bolide

@MikeSp,

My problem is solved!  When I contacted to Alteryx support, he said it's because I included "&" in the data source name.  He suggested using only letters and numbers when I publish data source to tableau server. 

But thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Kazumi

Labels