Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server Tool - Error when tds file is attached

frankieum
6 - Meteoroid

errorerror

I was trying to use the new Publish to Tableau Server tool and it worked pretty well without attaching the tds file.

I'm wondering if anyone can explain this error message? Do I have something wrong with the workflow or the tool or the Tableau Server settings?

Thank you!

25 REPLIES 25
jonriddle
8 - Asteroid

In the xml file, add the .hyper extension to the end of dbname=Data/Extracts/Master_Sales_Data_Source.  Let me know if that doesn't fix the problem and I'll see if I notice anything else.

jonriddle
8 - Asteroid

In the XML file, add the .hyper extension to the end of dbname=Data/Extracts/Master_Sales_Data_Source (so it will be dbname=Data/Extracts/Master_Sales_Data_Source.hyper).  Let me know if that works.  If not, I'll dig deeper.

jvaucher0804
7 - Meteor

So I think that worked but I now have a different error:

jvaucher0804_0-1574454402400.png

jonriddle
8 - Asteroid

In your earlier screenshot of the xml/text view of your tds file, the dbname option is missing the opening single quote.  Is it still missing in your current tds file?  If so, maybe that's the problem. Use this for the dbname option:

dbname='Data/Extracts/Master_Sales_Data_Source.hyper'

I've not run across this new error you're getting.  If this doesn't fix it, I'd be happy to jump on a Skype session to walk through it with you.

jvaucher0804
7 - Meteor

Yeah that might be best if we could jump on a quick call. I'm getting the original error now even after making your suggested changes so I may just be missing something else completely. 

What's the best way to make a skype call happen?

jonriddle
8 - Asteroid

I'll send you a private message with contact info

Toby_work
6 - Meteoroid

@jonriddle wrote:

I'll send you a private message with contact info

What was the solution?

jonriddle
8 - Asteroid

@jvaucher0804 had something incorrect in his tds file.  We were able to get it to work once we properly modified his tds file.  I'd be happy to jump on a call to look through yours as well if you're having trouble.

adscoggins
5 - Atom

Hi, I've followed these instructions and unfortunately am still getting the same error code. I've made sure all strings fields are V_WString types, edited the tds file and changed my dbname to the Data/Extracts/filename.hyper location (with my filename using underscores instead of spaces), so I'm not sure what else to change. Both my desktop and server versions of Tableau are 2019.01, so would the version need to be '19.1'? The tds file originally populated with '18.1' so I've tried that, '19.1', '2019.1', 2019.1.2', the full Tableau server build number, etc. and still can't get the data to publish. Is there a list of the versions so that we know the correct nomenclature for the version?

jvaucher0804
7 - Meteor

Which version of Alteryx are you on? I'm on Alteryx 19.3. I tried upgrading and I couldn't get ti to work on my end. For me, I didn't change the server version. I kept it at 18.1. Here's how my file looks. If there's any spaces in your TDS, make sure you add _

jvaucher0804_0-1582736354465.png

Labels