Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server - Publish to workbook

rahuldale
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am using Alteryx to completely automate monthly tableau reports for our stakeholders. However the new version of Publish to Tableau Server tool doesn't allow us to mention the full page workbook URL to directly publish .hyper/.tde to tableau server.

I have tried using the tool and it's publishing the hyper file into the project folder. The workbook is still using the old data source/hyper file as input source.

I want this tool to directly publish the hyper extract to the associated workbook rather than in project folder on tableau server so next time we get the refreshed workbook.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

1 REPLY 1
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @rahuldale ,

I'm unsure if that's the answer you were looking for, but in Designer you can use previous versions of a tool. You just have to right-click on the tool and select the option "Choose tool version"

Screenshot 2020-11-23 080014.jpg

Hope that helps

Regards,

Angelos

Labels