Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server Macro

mieszczak
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to publish some data sources to Tableau server and am successfully able to publish the data sources to the root project folder but I am not able to publish or update  the data sources within workbooks inside that root project folder.

This is 2 Workbooks within the project "Tableau Demo"

Root.JPG

Below is the root source data that is being updated in the project folder. However I am not able to get into the specific workbook data sources to update them. Is this even possible??

Data Sources.JPG

18 REPLIES 18
trajendra
5 - Atom

Hi Jessica,

Could you please help me with my below query if possible?

Is it possible to install or import '.yxi' file into Alteryx Designer version 10.1? If No, do we have any alternative or archived tool to install into Alteryx 10.1? I'm a beginner and need to publish a source into tableau as a tableau extract. Please help!! 

Thanks,

Raj

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @trajendra,

Is it possible for you to upgrade to a newer version to take advantage of the updates we have made since version 10.1? You can get an installer for download here .

I'll check on the YXI install, but we recommend using a supported version of Alteryx if possible.  We currently support version 10.5 +

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @trajendra ,

What version of Tableau are you currently on ?

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
trajendra
5 - Atom

Hi Jessica,

Thanks a lot for helping me in this regard!!

I'm using Tableau 10.0 Version. If I don't have option other than Alteryx upgrade then I'd check. 

Many Thanks,

Raj

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @trajendra

I do have an old copy of an installer I could provide you, however I would highly recommend upgrading Alteryx to take advantage of upgrades to the tool.

If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the old installer please send me a private message or shoot us an email at support@alteryx.com

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
trajendra
5 - Atom

Thank you Jessica, I'll try to upgrade alteryx version, will contact you if not works.

Many thanks,

Rajendra T

dfasdfsa
5 - Atom

I am unable to download the installer that was apparently updated 8 days ago. When I click on it I get the message below:

Problem Loading App

The App interface could not be loaded.

I am trying to download for Alteryx 2018.1 but do not see the option for any version after clicking 'Run'. I just get that error message.

Edit: Up and running now. Thanks for resolving so quickly!
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@dfasdfsa

We are aware of the issue on the Public Gallery and have our team working on the issue. We hope to have the issue resolved shortly.

DanM

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@dfasdfsa this issue has been resolved. You should be able to download the Tableau Server Macro from the Alteryx Public Gallery.

Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Tool

DanM

Labels