Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server, Error after upgrade to Tableau Server 9.2

gene_denny
8 - Asteroid

This morning, we updated our Tableau Server to 9.2 and now each time I attempt to run my workflow, i get an error message on that tool.  Nothing has changed in the workflow itself, although I had noticed that, prior to the update, the workflow appeared to complete successfully but I was unable to locate the .tde files on the server.  So, I guess I have two issues for which I am hoping someone can assist:

1.  When successfully running a workflow including the Publish to Tableau Server tool, where do I find the .tde files that I thought would be created?  I can't repoint my Tableau viz to that datasource without being able to locate it.

2.  What has changed with the update to Tableau Server 9.2 that prevents my workflow from now completing?  This is the error returned:

TableauServer.Log in: Tool #4 Tableau Server API Request (Sign-in) Error Code 400000: Bad Request -- Payload is either malformed XML or incomplete.

13 REPLIES 13
gene_denny
8 - Asteroid

Let me know how this works for you.  One other Community member said it didn't fix their issue.

JamieD
Alteryx
Alteryx

I actually managed to fix the issue, it was caused by amistake in the Tableau server URL. Thanks for you help anyway @gene_denny

ferullate
5 - Atom

BTW, if you add '&' in the name of your tableau TDE, it will give you the same error as the one you guys were discussing. Drove me insane 

lsalmon
5 - Atom

I had 3 different publish to Tableau tools in my workflow and only one kept coming back with this error. So I knew the tool itself was not broken... Turns out it's the "&" symbol and this is the only place I've seen mention of this.

Thank you ferullate! I spent hours trying to figure out what the issue was.

Labels