Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server Error - Unable to find the dll: "TableauHyperAPI_x64.dll"

chilito
6 - Meteoroid

In the process of moving Alteryx Designer + Scheduler to new machine. Publish to Tableau Server tool not working on new machine (works on old). Here is the error:

TableauServer.OutputDataConditionally (248): Tool #44: Unable to find the dll: "TableauHyperAPI_x64.dll".

Tool #227: Cannot access file: E:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\Engine_<...>\<name of hyper file>.hyper

Alteryx Admin Designer

Version: 2019.1.6.58192

Installed on E: drive

Note that I see the dll file here: E:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Tableau\hyper\bin\TableauHyperAPI_x64.dll.

Since I installed on E: (versus C: drive) is that confusing the Publish to Tableau Server macro?

BTW, my old machine, where Publish to Tableau Server works, is version 2018.2 x64

3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@chilito,

Typically this error occurs due to anti-virus software. I would check that your new machine is not blocking that. If that is not the case and it looks like the anti-virus is not blocking the file or location please submit a ticket with Support. I would also recommend making sure you are on the latest version of the Tableau Server Macro as well.

DanM

chilito
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your response. Working with support now. Not resolved as of yet. Using latest Publish to Tableau Server (PTS) Tool (that comes w/ 2019.1). Didn't investigate the anti-virus software, as the PTS tool actually does work if you use it in a new workflow. The PTS tool doesn't run in a workflow that I've ported over from 2018.2. Very strange.

chilito
6 - Meteoroid

Okay, after working with Alteryx support, discovered that whenever an Oracle-based Input tool was placed on the canvas WITH the Publish to Tableau Server tool you'd get the missing DLL error. (These tools would run if placed in separate workflows.) The error message (missing hyper DLL) was a total fake-out, which made it problematic to debug.

To solve, I installed Oracle Instant Driver via Alteryx. Setup my Oracle Data Connection again choosing Oracle connection type (versus Other ... Oracle OCI as I had done previously) and everything ran okay!

Labels