community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Publish to Tableau Server Error 400011 on Scheduler

Highlighted
Meteor

I have one workflow scheduled everyday and get this error 5 days a week. I try to run on the Scheduler after it fails, it keeps getting this error.  When I open the same workflow on Desktop, the workflow runs successfully.  Is there anything I need to check or change?   This issue happens to only one workflow that needs to append the data to Tableau server. Other workflows run successfully every day. 

Alteryx Desktop - 2018.3.5

Tableau Server - 2018.3.3

Publish to Server Macro - 1.08.1 

Error: Designer x64: Tool #26: Tool #592: Record #1: Tool #18: Tool #4: Tableau Server API Request (Publish file) Error Code 400011: Bad Request -- There was a problem publishing the file '13258:fc7fe4bff10d405c8d648bb29d893917-3:0'.

Hello @watsacha 

Could you please upload a copy of your workflow for us here?

If you have some sample data to share as well that would be some great help in troubleshooting.

Thanks!
Trevor

Hello @watsacha 

Could you please upload a copy of your workflow for us here?

If you have some sample data to share as well that would be some great help in troubleshooting.

Thanks!
Trevor

Meteor

@TrevorS 

I cannot upload a copy of my workflow since it connects to our internal databases. I will try to create a workflow from a text input source and replicate the error then.

If that is too difficult, can you send a screenshot of the workflow and the tools mentioned in the error message? Especially of how the tool is set up!

Thanks,
Trevor

Meteor

This workflow has two outputs: Tool #350 with overwriting and Tool #324 with appending data.  There is no issue with overwriting data. The issue always happens with the Appending node.

Publish to Tableau server error 2.JPG

Below is the error message from Tool #324.  When I run the workflow outside scheduler, I still get the same error. Then I rerun again, the upload is successful.

Publish to Tableau server error 1.JPG

Labels