Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server - 1 of 1MB published to .tde on 11.3

Cimmel
7 - Meteor

Background:

I have three identical workflows that push commercial real estate property data to Tableau Server (Online) using the Publish to Tableau Server Macro.  The outputs of the Office, Industrial and Retail are the same.  Late Thursday or early Friday the office workflow started failing to write to the .tde file.  It now only writes 1 of 1MB published to .tde.   The Excel file is 64 MB of the same output.  The Industrial and Retail versions of the workflow work fine, no issues.  The office workflow was not altered in any way.  It is scheduled to run on the Alteryx Server as well.  Whether it is run from the Gallery, Server or Desktop I get the same issue of only 1 of 1MB published to .tde.  

I have tried replacing the Publish to Tableau Server Macro and reconfiguring.  I have tried swapping piecing together the output of the industrial workflow with the logic of the office.  Nothing has fixed the problem.  There is one other post regarding the same issue, and it was due to special characters.  I do not see that this could be the issue as we have made no changes to workflows/upgrades of Alteryx or Tableau/and the two working workflows have the same data structure.  

I am at a complete loss as to what to try next and I am against a hard deadline of fixing this by tonight for meeting tomorrow morning.  Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Cimmel
7 - Meteor

I solved my own problem and posting the solution, in case someone else comes across the same issue.

I found this post after the fact:   https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/My-tde-file-is-only-30k-in-size-it-should-be...

After adding a .tde output and it was only 30k, I went back to review my data fields and discovered that my two comment fields were v_string.  Changing to VW_String solved the problem.  Now to figure out who added unicode/special characters to the comment field!

Labels