community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Publish to Tableau Online (Server) with SAML

Meteoroid

I've been trying to use the "Publish to Tableau Server" tool to publish my dataset to Tableau Online.  We use SAML authentication for our Tableau Online.  This is preventing Alteryx to publish to Tableau Online.  The Alteryx help chat commented that the Publish to Tableau Server tool doesn't support SAML authentication.  Has anyone found a work-around to this?

Thanks!

Meteor

Hi,

any news on this topic ?

we are having the same issue.

Kind regards,

Misterhenry

Meteoroid

@Misterhenry, no, nothing new.

Meteor

hi, we found a word around. We have setup local accounts in tableau which might be used for publishing from Alteryx.

Highlighted
Meteoroid
Yes, I should have expanded my answer. We too found work around where we've set up accounts as Tableau Authentication. We use those accounts for our publishing. Sounds like we are both on the same track.

Sorry for my delayed and abbreviated response.
Meteoroid

Can you please tell me in detail how to resolve this. what is the work around?

Meteoroid

Yes, we set up an account, as Site Admin role, that used Tableau Authentication (non-SAML).  We then use this account for the "Publish to Tableau Server" tool.  It allows us to still publish from Alteryx to Tableau Online.  I hope this helps?

Alteryx Certified Partner

What is the recommended authentication types in a Tableau Server that will allow Alteryx to publish hyper files?

Meteoroid

We are using Tableau Authentication

Labels