Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Publish to Public Alteryx Gallery

billygreenway
6 - Meteoroid

Hi There,

I'm looking to disable the publish to Public Alteryx Gallery feature within Alteryx 2020 for security reasons as I don't want people within my organisation accidentally publishing a workflow there.

My organisation managed to get this working for Alteryx 2019 by making some changes to HKEY within the system.  I know that Alteryx 2020 has changed the way that this works and I wondered if you guys have some insight into how it might be possible to disable the publish to public gallery feature within Alteryx 2020?

Thanks for your help,

Best,

Billy

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@billygreenway 

@echuong1 gives right-on answer, just in case you have difficulty finding the file.

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData

billygreenway
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @echuong1  and @Qiu,

Alteryx users at my company would be wanting to publish to more than one Server Gallery so would want a solution that would allow more than one connection.

Our previous solution made use of the HKEY files in alteryx see below:

Set-ItemProperty -Path "%\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_Password" -Value ""
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_Email" -Value ""
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_Name" -Value "our Private Gallery name"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_Url" -Value "https://server.domain.com/gallery/#!"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_WindowsAuth" -Value "True"

But this no longer seems to work in Alteryx 2020.

Any thoughts?

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @billygreenway ,

Alteryx naturally adds additional servers to the list as you use them (using the "add new gallery" menu option) - we allow people to publish to a dev server, UAT server etc - and we don't add these servers to runtimesettings.xml, instead we just teach the people how to connect for the first time.   

This should achieve what you are looking to do.

Labels