Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Public Information on Facebook

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Does anyone have a good template to mine public information from Facebook?

The API that I used to use is no longer available.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hey Patrick,

Good news! We just released an Alteryx Connector to mine data from Facebook.  Here is the link :

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Facebook-Connector/56388700aa690a17f07733c1

Feel free to contact me for any queries.

Best,

Rahul

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This doesn't pull any of the information I need.

Also, I can't use a Macro that has to be paid for or is linked to an account that isn't one of our company-approved accounts to use.

Highlighted

Patrick,

This is the demo version. The full version can pull page description, about, likes, posts, posts' comments and posts' shares and likes too.

Let me know if you need any help.

Highlighted

Rahul,

Is it possible to modify the macro? I need to fetch many more fields from the page. I have attched the file which contains variable names to be fetch. 

Do let me know how the workflow will look like.

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
Could this be run in multiple iterations to get around the 100 result query limit?
Highlighted

yes, it can be run but will have to make modifications in macro to allow that

Highlighted

Thanks for creating and sharing this macro, it is very useful.

I noticed that page "likes" were not coming through.  After a bit of research, I came across some documentation (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/changelog/) which states that the page "likes" has been renamed "fan_count".

I edited the macro and replaced all references to "likes" with "fan_count", and that did the trick.  I think there were only two or three nodes that actually referenced it.

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

I tried to use this macro, but I got an error message.

"(#803) Cannot query users by their username (knozawa)".  I am not quite sure what I should input into "Facebook Page Name" box. 

Highlighted
Labels