Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Proportional grouping of population

mmarcoux
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I have a population of people with different ranks. I would want create groupings for the entire population that are proportional to rank pourcentages. 

I attached a dataset. Ideally, I would create multiple groups of 5 that are representative as much as possible to the population

Thanks in advance, 

5 REPLIES 5
vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @mmarcoux -  Welcome to the Alteryx Discussions!

Please attach some dummy records along with the layout of your desired solution for speedy reply.

mmarcoux
5 - Atom

I've attached a data example to my response. Thanks for the heads up!

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@mmarcoux - Try to use a "Tile" tool.

Hope attached the solution will give you some idea, if not then do let me know along with your desired output layout.

vizAlter_0-1610568079849.png

mmarcoux
5 - Atom

I changed the data set and the wording. Ideally, the output would be list of all the population with an assigned group. Groups should be representative of the rank % of the population as much as possible

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@mmarcoux - I have re-downloaded your Excel. However did not find your desired layout/sheet of the output. 

Labels