Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prompt user to enter 3 numbers in a workflow

Hali3
7 - Meteor

I'm working on a workflow that requires the user to enter 3 different numbers that i will then use to calculate a few fields in my workflow. Is this possible in Alteryx and if so how?

thank you

15 REPLIES 15
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

This is very possible, you will need to look at an analytical app, and using the interface tools to create this front-facing UI for your users!

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/analytic-apps

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/understanding-interface-tools

I'll build you a quick example

Bulien
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

Here is an example analytic app. I have it outputting to a CSV so you can easily see the output, you may need to change the location of this.
I set up 3 numeric fields within the formula tool:

TheOC_0-1603836321885.png

These are replaced with the values input from the numeric up/down (these can be configured if you need higher values than 0-100).

example output:

TheOC_1-1603836807679.png

Bulien
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hali3 - The above are the right solutions for you. I'd also would like to recommend you to review the following interactive lessons: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Creating%2... 

Hali3
7 - Meteor

The file give me an error when i try to import it.  I tried adding the Action tool to my workflow and I'm having trouble configuring it. Ultimately, I want to be able to have it that it will do a number of calculations, then ask the user for a number in the middle of the workflow and then use that number to continue the calculations. 

1. How do I get Alteryx to ask users to input a number?

2. How do I get the Question to pop up when the user hits run?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

requiring user input is something that the analytic app is perfect for. 

What error do you receive when trying to import my workflow?

Bulien
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

Heres an example of when i've clicked run:

TheOC_0-1603894293790.png

TheOC_1-1603894306194.png

TheOC_2-1603894317474.png

Bulien
Hali3
7 - Meteor

The error below is what I'm receiving when i try to open the file you gave me. To the right of the error is what i managed to create with the input box. But its not prompting me to enter an number 

Hali3_0-1603895129487.png

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 

If you click "OK" when opening the workflow, and align the file location to the correct location, what does the workflow look like? does it run?

Bulien
Hali3
7 - Meteor

i think its because I'm using a older version of Alteryx. I think my issue is the formulas. So I've attached a simplified example. I want the workflow to ask for a number, if the number is 10 then the output should be YES, IF its not then the output should be NO.

Labels