Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prompt user to enter 3 numbers in a workflow

Hali3
7 - Meteor

I'm working on a workflow that requires the user to enter 3 different numbers that i will then use to calculate a few fields in my workflow. Is this possible in Alteryx and if so how?

thank you

15 REPLIES 15
Hali3
7 - Meteor

I was able to get it to open but i cant seem to get the "Question" pop up to open

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

HI @Hali3 

make sure you are pressing the wand next to run:

TheOC_0-1603911304026.png

Bulien
Hali3
7 - Meteor

OMG its Worked!!! Thank you. Now if I want it to say something like: if column 1 isnull then take the inputed number, how would I do that?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Hali3 
There would be 2 ways of doing this:

1)
You can just reference them now like any other variable as they are specified:

TheOC_0-1603913438459.png

or 2)

you can attach the numeric drop down straight to the magnifying glass of the formula tool, and you can reference the value directly:

TheOC_2-1603913555975.png

TheOC_1-1603913546948.png

Although weirdly in this case you have to convert it to a number first - seems it's being passed in as a string, atleast in my testing

Hope this helps!

Bulien
Hali3
7 - Meteor

I'm having a hard time understanding the circled part of the example you sent me. Regardless of the number I input in the Numeric up down, the numbers that show up in the circled part stay the same. . My understanding is, if I put a number in the Numeric up down, that number should show up somewhere in the workflow, I would then like to to use that number to calculate other fields. Sorry for the many questions, just started using Alteryx recently 

Hali3_0-1603917156769.png

vishalnegi
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Is there a way we can take dynamic inputs from a user because I dont know how many numbers to expect from user as opposed to 3 numbers in your example

Labels