Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prompt question

fangyi189
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I am currently doing out a workflow that will prompt user to use the list box. So I managed to prompt the user with the list box, however, the app results showed that there is not output file when there is data inside. I have attached my workflow down, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@fangyi189 I think there are a couple things going on:

1) I changed the action tool to make sure the replace string matched what was in the filter tool:

Capture.PNG

Note how the filter tool itself has "2017-02-01" and my action tool says to replace that same string now.

2) I went to the interface designer and the properties wrench to display the results to users at completion.

3) I also added another filter tool with an alternate method to pass interface values that I find more intuitive. Along with this, I used the annotations tab on the list box to change it's name to Input.

Hope that helps

Hope that helps!

fangyi189
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! Solved the problem (:

Labels