Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Project covid

Vodola
5 - Atom

Screenshot_20200513-103345.png

 the above project is so logical..I don't know how to go about it though its self explanatory

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I think that this logic may need tweaked a little, but it seems to be a good first start at solving the problem. My thought was to first trace back from the infected individual to determine the places that they were for the 14 days prior. Then I determined the first wave of individuals that would have been infected by being at the same place during these times. Then I went forward in time to see where these individuals went and who they could have infected using an iterative macro. 

Feel free to check my work on this and make adjustments to the logic where necessary. I would like to know if you had a similar thought as to how this would be built out. Packaged workflow is attached for review. 

COVID Tracing Iterative.png

Vodola
5 - Atom

Thanks Brandon ..I'm totally confused. If you could please explain the solution with algorithm..Thank you once again

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

In the example that I provided, the individual is identified and the shelters and time frames that they were at those shelters are identified.

From those shelters and time frames, all of the other individuals that were at those shelters during those times were identified. Because they were there at the same time as the original individual we are considering them infected.

Then, for each of the individuals that were identified, we now need to identify each of the shelters and time frames that they visited to see the other individuals that would be at those locations that they would visit after having been infected by the first patient because the infections work like a chain reaction. The iteration loop happens in the iterative macro because for each individual that is identified as another infected individual at a certain point in time, they need to be run through the process to now see who they would infect, and who the subsequent infected would infect. The iteration stops when no more waves of infected are identified. 

Labels