Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Profile window not showing full results on Browse tool

Jhoverson
5 - Atom

Since installing the 2020.3.5.30242 version of Designer the Profile window will only show a partial summary of the records. Attached is an example where I have a table with 221030 records and my column is showing 100% OK, however only 3122 rows are being profiled. In the example attached there are several more Business_Process_Types in the column and they are visible in the Browse and in the Output file. Has anyone seen something similar and does anyone have a resolution? 

User settings are also attached

7 REPLIES 7
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Jhoverson 

Can you please upload a copy of your workflow with some sample data so that the Community can investigate this further?

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
PeterAP
8 - Asteroid

Mine is doing exactly the same. Has anyone found out the reason why and how it can be fixed? The results window is also showing something different. I don't think either are showing correctly. For example, for the comments field, there are definitely values that are OK and in the Modified Date field - every value is null, so none should be showing OK.

PeterAP_0-1607017510398.png

PeterAP_2-1607017615203.png

PeterAP_1-1607017583048.png

PeterAP_3-1607017657530.png

Xr
5 - Atom

Same here. I have about 4mn records in a CSV file but can only see the profile results for ~900k records. Running this following version 

Xr_0-1608412525828.png

Xr
5 - Atom

Is this the issue we are running in to? 

Xr_0-1608420409256.png

PeterAP
8 - Asteroid

As per @Xr it looks like the Browse Profiling was limited to run large data workflows more efficiently. However, I've had response on another post and it looks like you should be able to use the basic data profile tool to inspect the entire dataset.

ColinChui
5 - Atom

With this new profile limit, can you share the link that you found a work around?

modata
5 - Atom

Any update on why this has happened or how to resolve this. I am facing the same issue.

Labels