Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Product function on Alteryx

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

All, I am trying to replicate the Excel Product function to be incorporated on Alteryx. On the attached Excel file, column B which is the Value column has to be used to perform the calculation on Column C which is the Product column

17 REPLIES 17
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Mario36 ,

You want the product of column B and column C ?

If yes, here is your solution. I attached a workflow. It uses a Formula tool to multiply both columns and output the result in a new column.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Mario36 

Can you tell me what is below highlighted doing ? how is it working ?

atcodedog05_0-1627648473436.png

I was not able to figure it out😐

Why is 1+ required?

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

Column C is the value what I want. It has a calculation which I need Alteryx to perform. Column B contains the values which are used.

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 Unfortunately even my team has no answers. This is a calculation which has been used historically.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@Mario36 

Thats a steep hill then 😐

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I've tried something for which I'm getting close but not exact results. I'm not sure to have fully understand the computation. Tell me if it's okay or not !

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I've checked and the differences are due to roundings.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Mario36 

Got it. Seems to be exact match.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1627649732185.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Strangely when i tried the calculations in excel it was behaving differently 😅