Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Process Inputfile one by one

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

Hi All - 

I'm looking for only piece advice how to process input file one by one using 6 common mapping.. Here is the situation.

I have created one workflow works fine to generate one output.

Mapping

4 mapping files are used from one workbook  which has 4 different sheet ( No consolidate kind of static file.)

2 mapping files are consolidated on real time basis using two batch macro.

Output

while saving it I use input file name to save it.. so number of output file depends on number of input file

Input file

I want to perform same action to all other 19 files. only condition is don't want to reload mapping file again and again.

this is the flow.

Mukeshy12390Jpmc_0-1605943645268.png

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Mukeshy12390 
Maybe we can use another batch macro?

Or the brutal way by making your process a standard macro?

Mukeshy12390Jpmc_0-1605943645268.png

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Qiu for the quick reply.

I'm trying to understand..if I create batch macro for circled area in red (all mapping and action) . 

it will run for all 20 files... I don't want to run consolidation batch macro 1 and 2 again and again.

can you show the structure how it would be like image or something.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Mukeshy12390 

Maybe something like this?

If you could provide some dummy data and flow, we can take a look.

Mukeshy12390Jpmc_0-1605943645268 (1).png

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

after several hours of thinking I'm able to do it. my problem was not to run more than 1 time "Batch macro 1 and 2 for consolidation"

so what I did  -

-------------

1) Create one new workflow.

2)Added 3 container  i) Consolidatoin 1 ii)Consolidation 2 iii) Create Report

3) control container using  radio option.

4) in process I run both consolidation one by one  and generated output use as input in "Action part ( while creating report)".

Mukeshy12390Jpmc_0-1606046081731.png

thanks Qiu for the support.. unfortunately I can't upload and file due to some restriction.

I would love to see if you can upload the solution by using any input file.. as I'm new to Alteryx trying to explore new stuff.

Labels