Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problems with appending to data source at Tableau server

KEJ
5 - Atom

Hi!

I'm having troubles appending to a data source at Tableau server. I'm using the official Publish to Tableau Server - tool and creating and overwriting works just fine but when I try to append nothing happens. No errors, no nothing, the percentages just flashes quickly and that's it.

I tried appending with the macro provided by Inviso with exactly the same settings and it works perfectly. The problem is that I don't feel comfortable using third party macros with production data.

Apparently, appending is a new feature in the official macro but it should work, right? Any ideas what could cause this or pointers on how to start debugging this?

3 REPLIES 3
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KEJ - please feel free to send in an email to support@alteryx.com and we will be happy to troubleshoot with you

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Watsa
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I got the same issue for a while and learned that the macro might have issue with the appending data. However, it looks like the newly updated macro works (updated 7 days ago). I did test appending data without any problem. (only 5 records)  Please try and let us know if it works,

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server--Installer-/5926021ceffc2a0b7cc2bc44

Jay_1694
5 - Atom

Hi Can I get updated publish to tableau server tool becoz appending to tableau data source not works for me.

Labels