Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problems connecting to SQL

KSmith307
6 - Meteoroid

I just upgraded to Alteryx 11.5 and my workflows connecting to Microsoft SQL server are no longer working. When I open my workflow I see this:

2017-09-11_1453.png

When I try to reconfigure the Input Data tile and click on Microsoft SQL Server I get this:

22.png

Finally, when I try to close and restart, I have to force it close from Windows Task Manager as I get this:

6.png

Please help!

Katie

4 REPLIES 4
LindaT
Alteryx
Alteryx

There appears to be a problem with one of the XML files that is storing your Alias for SQL Server.  The file is in  C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\System.xml or C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\User.xml depending on whether or not your alias is a User or System type connection.  If you have a non Admin install the same files exist under C:\Users\<your name here>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine

If you rename these files you will no longer crash, but you won't have your Aliases any longer.  If you want to send me your XML file I can see what is wrong and we can try to fix it.

Thank you

Linda

KSmith307
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Linda,

I'm not sure if I have admin or not, but I've attached what I found in the non-admin path.  Is this what you're looking for?

Thanks so much for helping me through this, I'm not very tech savvy :)

Katie

LindaT
Alteryx
Alteryx

That is perfect.  Thank you.  I can reproduce your error and will get back to you shortly.

KSmith307
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your assistance Linda!  Renaming the .xml files worked.

Katie

Labels