Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Problem with "arima" predictions within R script

Georgios_Orfanos
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I would like to ask for your help regarding some prediction (using an ARIMA model) that I want to do using R script within Alteryx.

I try to use the command "predict", using an ARIMA model.

Although my code works perfectly in R Studio, the values of the command "predict" are [Null].

Does someone have any idea what could be going wrong in this case?

Thank you in advance,

George

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Georgios_Orfanos ,

I am not quite sure if I got you right - you did not use the Alteryx ARIMA tool, instead you used your own R code in the Alteryx R tool?  Of course, the results should not differ whether you run the code in R Studio or Alteryx. I could imagine that there is a problem with the handover of data to or from the R tool, but this is just a best guess ...

Could you provide a bit more detail, would make it easier to help.

Best,

Roland

Georgios_Orfanos
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Roland,

Exactly, I used my own R code using the arima function (from the stats package).

I checked the data set (e.g. number of rows and content), the type of every object, etc. (even the type of the model which is "Arima") and everything is the same and perfect. However, when I use the command "predict", the results are [Null].

Please note that I convert the predictions into a data frame to check the results.

Any idea where the problem might be?

Thank you in advance,

George

Labels