Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem with Workflow

CeesayN
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I am new to Alteryx and I am working through a workflow I am putting together. I have a problem where I want to be able to do the following:

• I want the workflow to look in the description line where there is an 8 digit number, then copy that across and call the new column Additional PO then create another column called PO 2 and copy across the contents of Purchase Order Number column and the newly created Additional PO column.

• I want the workflow to look in the amounts column and identify contras (e.g -100 and +100) and where there is, then check that department code, account code, business unit code, PO 2 and location code for both are the same. If this condition is met, then remove both entries else leave them.

I would appreciate your help and I have attached a sample data to help.

Kind regards

Nuha

11 REPLIES 11
CeesayN
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

All I did was download it and it says "The file you are trying to open is an Alteryx package, do you still want to export it" I said yes and export the three files to my downloads folder. But I got an error message that the workflow was built in a newer version than mine when I tried opening from the downloads folder.

Regards

CeesayN
7 - Meteor

@danilang ,

Ignore my ignorance, I am a complete novice. I have finally got my head round this after a cup of coffee and all thanks to you.

@JosephSerpis and @Srini_Advik Thanks for your efforts in looking at this issue for me, much appreciated.

Kind regards

Nuha

Labels