Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem with AB Trend

Meshal10
7 - Meteor

When I put the AB Trend in the canvas and run the workflow, this issue appears. Other AB Testing tools work well and there are no problems with them.

1.png

Does anyone know what the problem is?

8 REPLIES 8
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Meshal10 ,

That's strange. I has a similar issue with the predictive tools in the past and what solved it for me is reinstalling the predictive tools package. Also, make sure that the version of predictive tools you will download and install matches that of your Designer.

Meshal10
7 - Meteor

I did as you said, but the problem was not resolved. Predictive tools work well, problem is at AB Trend tool.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Meshal10,

Can you run a check and do a "Run as Administrator" when you turn on Alteryx and see if the location is locked to you as a user? Can you clarify what version of Alteryx you are on and if you are running an admin or non-admin version?

Meshal10
7 - Meteor

2019.4 and non-admin version.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Meshal10 ,

I would recommend a reinstall, but you may need to conduct it with the admin installation. Sometimes when you conduct the non-admin it will install in a temp/roaming profile, which will cause Alteryx to lose part of the necessary files. Do you have admin rights on your desktop?

Meshal10
7 - Meteor

Yes, I have.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Please test the install using the admin version of Designer and the Predictive Tools, you will be able to download them from https://licenses.alteryx.com . You will just want to make sure you do a full uninstall which will include need to clear out your directory as there are some files which stay just like they would for an upgrade. 

Meshal10
7 - Meteor

It works fine now without problems.

Thank you very much for your help.

Labels