Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem when export a huge workflow

diabolic
7 - Meteor

Hi all, I have a problem when I export a huge workflow.

The workflow contains some macros (build by me), each macro contains lots of macros (build by me). When I export the workflow (including all macros but excluding the source files), the system just pop up an error message "C:\***\Cleans.yxmc" after a loooooooong waiting. Then export failed.

I do need to export the workflow and move it to somewhere else (such as other PC). How to fix this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I don't think the size has anything to do with it; i'm sure i'm not the only one who has built workflows with 500+ tools without a problem.

Given the error you have identified C:\***\Cleas.yxmc, this is the data cleanse tool and is actually part of all alteryx programmes now so I actually don't think you need to include this as an asset when you package the workflow.

So I would uncheck the box for this and try again.

An alternative would be to create the .yxzp file yourself. 

A .yxzp file is just a fancy zip file, with the extension renamed. Place all your supporting macro's, inputs and workflow's in a folder and sub-folder structure. Ammend your workflow so that it is pointing at these macro's and files. Then zip it up and rename the extension.

See image.

2018-06-19_08-50-45.png

Ben

diabolic
7 - Meteor

Hi, I just want to know how to quickly amend my workflow so that it is pointing at correct macro's and files. In my workflows, I use more than 2000 macros (most of them are the same macros with different configuration). I don't think I can fix all the links manually.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Go to options > advanced options > workflow dependencies, you can then select the folder location that has changed and hit 'edit' and then edit them all in one go.

Ben

Labels