Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Problem reading xlsb file, Alteryx reads older version

mpot
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I have a problem with xlsb file input, for some reason it picks up some older version. So for example when I open xlsb file in Excel date there is 2020-06-30. But when I get it rhough input tool it showes me 2020-05-29, so older version.  I suspect there might be something with Access database from where data is pumping into xlsb file. But how can I pick up the same data which I see when I open file in Excel? 

The problem vanishes if I make a copy of file into xlsm. But that is a monthly process which I would like to automate and it is not a great option to change format manually before adding file to workflow. 

2 REPLIES 2
leon2020
7 - Meteor

Are you sure it is an xlsb file?  I had an issue recently where the file extension of the filename was erroneous and it was in fact a plain text file - actually suited me better but the filename suffix was causing Alteryx to error.  Try reading it as a plain text file and see what data comes out of it.  Worked for me.

I do believe Alteryx can support xlsb file, if it is actually an xlsb file!

mpot
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, I am sure 🙂 

Labels