Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Print in pdf Larger Workflow

jjgerman
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! Does someone have best practice tips around printing large workflows in pdf with out breaking containers in half to fit on another page. Ideally, I am looking for a resolution that would print every container or two on one page without having to break the containers in halfs or at ends... etc...

PS. I am using 2019 version just for reference. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
mnorberg
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jjgerman,

Can you please go to File > Print Settings and make sure the 'Fit on a single Page' option is selected? Also, when printing, you will need to choose the Fit to Page option and select "Fit to Page". This should ensure your PDF output is contained to one page. If you need to print to multiple PDF pages, you will need to manually adjust the workflow or zoom settings as there is no functionality for automatically putting page breaks between containers. If you'd like to see this functionality in the product, please feel free to submit the Idea here.

jjgerman
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @mnorberg 

Thanks for your reply! Since the current solution does not solve my issue when printing a large workflow in pdf, I went ahead and submitted this feature as a future enhancement. Thank you so much!

Labels