Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Principal Component Analysis Error

UKYstudent
5 - Atom

  

Hello Alteryx Community,

I am taking a data analysis class through my university so all in all, I have SUPER limited experience with this software. 

My issue is that the Principal Component tool is telling me that no valid fields were selected and the execution was halted. 

I have included the data set as well as the workflow. I would be more than happy to explain anything as well as provide any more information.

THANK YOU!

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 8.27.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 8.26.55 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @UKYstudent ,

usually, errors thrown by any of the predictive tools are caused by input data (all the R based tools are very sensitive in terms of data types, NULL values).

You used an Impute tool to fill Null values for some fields, and it works fine for most of them - with the exception of "income". For this field, an additional field "income_" is returned, while the field "income" is NULL. These NULL values are handed over to PCA resulting in the error message you see, so the error is caused by the Imputation tool.

To avoid this, I've modified your workflow (added a Select tool to remove the field containing only NULL values and rename the "income_" field). Now it should work as expected. 

Let me know if it works for you now.

Best,

Roland

UKYstudent
5 - Atom

Roland,

You are the man!! Thank you so much!

Labels