Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Previous Month Sales formula

bdelarosa
8 - Asteroid

So as each month passes i send out reports to be analyzed. The bosses like the format of 4 columns

YTD Sales vs Last Year Sales

then Previous Month Sales vs Last Year Previous Months Sales. I wish to automate these reports so i never have to touch them just run the schedule.

I have no issues with the 2 columns for YTD Sales vs Last YTD Sales those are pretty straight forward formulas

This issue I come across is the Previous Month Sales Column as this formula works perfect except in January for the new year. Cause in Jan for the new year I want Dec of 2019 sales as my "Previous Month" sales. Any suggestion on how to tweak the below formula to work as I need?

iif([year]=datetimeyear(todate(DateTimeNow())) and [Month]=datetimemonth(datetimeadd(todate(DatetimeNow()),-1,"months")),[CE Beer],0)

3 REPLIES 3
amazz24
7 - Meteor

Hi @bdelarosa 

Check out the solution in this post - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Formula-to-always-pull-previous-months...

I think it might solve your issue

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @bdelarosa 

Assuming you've got the sales data with a date field available you can use the following formula

IIf([SalesDate]>=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"firstofmonth"),-1,"months") and [SalesDate]<=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"lastofmonth"),-1,"months"),[CE Beer],0)

This uses [CE Beer] for all the records between the 1st and last days of the previous month and 0 otherwise.

Dan

bdelarosa
8 - Asteroid

yes, that makes sense, i was handicapping myself with the current year formula. I wasn't aware 2020-01-01 minus 1 day would take you back to last year, but that makes total sense now. 

Labels