Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prevent Alteryx changing precision when summarize

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Whenever I use the Summarize In-DB tool, the decimal precision of my fields changes (increases). This is an issue for me as I need to load this data into SQL Server but the precision is too high for SQL Server. To resolve this, I've had to use a formula tool to convert/cast each field and change the decimal precision.

Currently, the number of fields I have is relatively small but I can see this being a big problem should the number of fields significantly increase as I need to do this individually.

Does anyone know how I can prevent Alteryx from doing this? Would really help my situation.

Thanks

afk

2 REPLIES 2
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I don't have a recommendation to stop the Summarize tool from changing precision, but you can use a Multi-Field formula to dynamically change data types if your precision is consistent across multiple fields.

If the precision is not consistent, there are some methods using a CReW macro that I can share as well which should help.

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

This solution works for me!

Thank you =)

Labels