Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prevent Alteryx changing precision when summarize

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Whenever I use the Summarize In-DB tool, the decimal precision of my fields changes (increases). This is an issue for me as I need to load this data into SQL Server but the precision is too high for SQL Server. To resolve this, I've had to use a formula tool to convert/cast each field and change the decimal precision.

Currently, the number of fields I have is relatively small but I can see this being a big problem should the number of fields significantly increase as I need to do this individually.

Does anyone know how I can prevent Alteryx from doing this? Would really help my situation.

Thanks

afk

2 REPLIES 2
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I don't have a recommendation to stop the Summarize tool from changing precision, but you can use a Multi-Field formula to dynamically change data types if your precision is consistent across multiple fields.

If the precision is not consistent, there are some methods using a CReW macro that I can share as well which should help.

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

This solution works for me!

Thank you =)

Labels