Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Preserve Formatting on Overwrite to .xlsx

sonnytran
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community,

I am attempting to use the Preserve Formatting function in 2020.2 version, however I am having some issues, hoping someone can help me out?

workflow.PNG

sonnytran_1-1602725458827.png

First I outputted this file and formatted it by highlighted columns B-D, Column D has a custom date format for MM/DD/YYYY and saved it as .xlsx

input.PNG

Formatted Excel.PNG

 I ran the workflow again, but now with another row added to the data for "Lime". Formatting is now inconsistent, Looks like the fields that were blank from the input outputs without the cell highlighted, but for some reason Comment retains format

input2.PNG

Lose format when add 1 row.PNG

My data is constantly changing each week, some weeks with less and other with more. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thank you,

Sonny

1 REPLY 1
sonnytran
5 - Atom

I was able to get some help from someone in my company. She recommended that I applied the format as a conditional format instead of coloring the columns. The "=ISERROR(B2)=FALSE"  conditional format was applied to columns B:D, which basically says if there is no error then color column and set custom date format.

Labels