Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prepping Data from 4 reports

aberthiaume
7 - Meteor

Hi There, 

I am trying to take data from 4 reports and join them.  I have successfully done so I believe, but now I want 1 row for each unique ID and Date.  

Currently I have one row for each report by unique ID and Date.   It looks something like this... See Attached Spreadsheet.  I Tried transpose and cross tab and those didn't work.  I know there is an easier way.  

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi  @aberthiaume ,

To create 1 row for each unique ID and Date it is easier  to start with  4  input reports .

Can  you attach  4 input sample reports  ?  Small  subset of data  is good  instead  of full data . 

The wf  extracts  data  for  each report  and  combines  data for each id and date .

Hope this helps.

aberthiaume
7 - Meteor

Attached is a sample set for the 4 reports I am trying to combine. 

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @aberthiaume 

Are you able to show the workflow you have built so far?

At the point you have joined your data, are you happy with how this has been blended together?

One potential solution is to then use the Unique Tool, which will allow you to select the fields you want to be unique and will filter these out for you. It will then show all of your duplicates in a different output anchor.

Would that solve this for you?

Kind Regards

Will

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @aberthiaume ,

Join multiple  can combine  data from multiple files .  I have used first 6 columns as keys to combine . 

We can use join  by record position if  all files  have same number of records and  are sorted  by correct order. 

clipboard_image_0.png

aberthiaume
7 - Meteor

This worked!! Thanks! 

Labels