Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prepared 5 days for CORE Exam being a new Alteryx user

vijay_vittal_1
7 - Meteor

vijay_vittal_1_0-1625213839790.png

7 REPLIES 7
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

That's a great effort @vijay_vittal_1! Don't let it put you off, check the breakdown to see where you lost marks. My advice would be, for any of the tools / categories you struggled on to take a look through the tool mastery, which go into detail about many of the tools available. Remember also the Core exam is open book so you can check the answers you're not 100% certain on.

Tool Mastery Index link: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Index/ta-p/84593

JonathanSherman_0-1625214858659.png

Great to see a post like this, not passing first time is nothing to be ashamed of, it took me 2 attempts to pass Core, 2 attempts to pass Advanced and 2 attempts to pass Expert, each and every time I learned new techniques and ways to solve!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

That's an outstanding effort @vijay_vittal_1 , well done.

You'll get it next time.

Just to echo what @Jonathan-Sherman said, use the exam as a learning experience, study the tools especially the common tools that are used in pretty much every workflow.

I would strongly recommend getting involved with the Weekly Challenges as they will expose you to many different scenarios which may come up in the exam.

Good luck with your next attempt!

M.

Bulien

vijay_vittal_1
7 - Meteor

Hi @Jonathan-Sherman.Thanks for the guidance, I have noted my weak points. Neglected studying input and output tools in-depth, that where I lost marks.

Vijay

vijay_vittal_1
7 - Meteor

Hi @mceleavey. I gave a look at the weekly challenges, all were advanced topics. It would be nice to have beginner weekly challenges.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @vijay_vittal_1 ,

They are broken down into Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced:

mceleavey_0-1625221861815.png

I've attached a tool that will allow you to keep track of the challenges you've completed, and will tell you which ones are Beginner.

I hope this helps, it should make it easier to track your progress.

Have fun!

M.

Bulien

vijay_vittal_1
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot for the tool @mceleavey 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels