Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Predicting Future columns

vprots333
5 - Atom

Hi there,

I am trying to use Alteryx as my budget tool. In essence, I will be pulling a monthly report from a system and running it through alteryx. The documents will have number of hours charged by an individual's for that month and then alteryx should then times this by their chargeour rate - fixed variable that will not change.

Currently I do not know if there is a solution to account for future columns and for the tool to automatically multiply the hours by the chargeour rate.

Does anyone have any idea?

Kind Regard,

VP

2 REPLIES 2
EW
11 - Bolide

Would something like the attached work?  Basically, you're Transposing it so all the Categories (including unknown future columns) get converted into one column.  Then you do your calculation (multiply by the chargeout rate) and use Crosstab to get it back into the original format.  So if next month your incoming data also includes "Category D" it would be included with the rest.  

EW_0-1614377523390.png

vprots333
5 - Atom

Thank you, this solution will work but on the back of this, can I use cross tab for two values?

vprots333_0-1614448709666.png

I have managed to get a name of an individual, month, total hours for that month and total bill. I tried to use the cross tab tool twice to give me columns for month total hours per individual and then their bill. However, I am still getting three rows for individuals name and not sure how to group this.

Labels