community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
SOLVED

Predict revenue for next two years

Alteryx Certified Partner

Dear All,

Is there a possibility to predict for next two years-2017 and 2018 with the following data? For Revenue, COGS and Gross profit?

I want to use ARIMA.

Please find the data below:

Revenue

COGs

Gross Profit

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Farhana

Bolide
Bolide

Hi @farhana_91 

As with most of the predictive tools here, they're very easy to get working, you just need to be wary of the: way your data looks; ways in which you're configuring the tools; you're interpreting the results. 

There's not a huge amount of data here (do you have more?), and in my experience these work better when looking at a week/month/quarter level, but I've included a short example against your data (with a few years already added) attached here. The key is to ensure your years are in rows, and you tell the model that you're working in years:

ARIMA.PNG

For further info, I'd recommend going into your Designer and clicking Help -> Sample Workflows -> Predictive Tool Samples -> Predictive analytics -> 15 Time Series which has some great examples of all those tools 

Hope that helps and gives you  a start point at least! 

Andy 

Inactive User
Not applicable

Yes you can do ARIMA all you need is 2 records. Also, there is no point in my opinion of forecasting COGs or Profit because they are directly correlated to Revenue. Just Revenue would suffice and then proportionate the expenses based on history from that predicted value.

Highlighted

Thanks Andy! This works for me as of now! 

Agreed! Thanks Ryan!

Bolide
Bolide

Great, pleased it worked! 

Labels