Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Predicitve Tools for Student Account

shakilarosli_
7 - Meteor

Hi all!

I installed Alteryx using my student account so it is free. but, is there any restrictions on the tools available for this free license? I tried to use the predictive tools but only 2 tools are available: deploy and score.

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @shakilarosli_ ,

That is because you didn't install the predictive tools yet. For that, you can go to 'Options' tab and click the last option 'Download Predictive Tools'

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

shakilarosli_
7 - Meteor

Silly me! Thanks! 

Another question, I was about to format my laptop. Do I have to install back the Alteryx from the download page or can I use the installer to install back Alteryx? I am afraid that I could not install it back 😞

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @shakilarosli_ ,

You can use the same installer, don't need to download it once again 🙂

Best,

Fernando V.

shakilarosli_
7 - Meteor

alteryx download.png

 When I click on the download predictive tool, it redirects me to this. Which one do I have to download?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@shakilarosli_ ,

You need to click in 'Alteryx Designer' button, then you will see the imabe below.

fmvizcaino_1-1581476675846.png

Be careful, you need to download the same version as your Alteryx Designer. To check that, you can go to Alteryx Designer > 'Help' tab > 'About' to find out which version is installed.

fmvizcaino_3-1581476838106.png

After that, you will see a list of installers, you need to select between the underlined two depending of your install (admin or non-admin). To check that, please see image below.

nonadmin3.jpg

If this was that you were looking for, please mark the answer as correct, as it would help other users with the same question.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

shakilarosli_
7 - Meteor

What is the difference between user and admin? I want to use predictive tools to predict the performance of a company. which one should I download?

shakilarosli_
7 - Meteor

Sorry I found the answer already. Have a good day!

Labels