Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pre SQL / Oracle Create Table w/ insert statement

Remy
5 - Atom

Hello,

It appears that Alteryx is breaking up a single statement into two statements - this completes the script, but throws an error anyway.

Oracle DB.

--------------------------

create table test nologging as

select *

from table

where conditions

--------------------------

input data (1) is an alias translation.

then an error of "Executing PreSQL: "[script above]" : ORA - 00955: Name already used by an existing object

then another error "Error running PreSQL: "[script above]" : ORA - 00955: Name already used by an existing object

Designer message: Finished running in 2.3 seconds with 2 errors.

------------------------

When i check the schema, the table is created with data - so, Alteryx appears to be handling these correctly, but something about how Designer is performing this function is throwing errors even though it is completing. I suspect that Designer is unable having trouble with the create table with insert instead of setting up the table in step 1 and then inserting data in step 2, but I'm not sure.

I did run this script (and many others) directly through oracle with no issues.That's cluing me in to some issue with how Designer is executing.

Can anyone provide any insight on why these errors are throwing even though the script is completing?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

Probably the table has already been created.

Drop the table and disable this input tool option if it is enabled.

clipboard_image_0.png

Remy
5 - Atom

Hi Geraldo,

The table wasn't created prior to running the script (we tested multiple table iterations, test1, test2, test3, test4 - all come back with the same response.

I've dropped all the tables since they're just tests, and I'll try disabling the input tool.

Thank you!

Remy
5 - Atom

worked great!

Labels