community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Powerpoint (PPT) Consolidation using Alteryx

Meteor

Hi Experts,

I need help to consolidate 100+ PPT files to one single PPT file.

These 100 PPTs have different charts, Table and Pictures included and also number of slides also vary form one another.

Basically need to combine all into one without any formatting changes to the content.

Pulsar

Hi @Srini_Advik 

As I understand it, Alteryx doesn't currently support PowerPoint (also detailed in this thread here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Importing-a-powerpoint-slide-in-Altery...), as those pages are basically pictures.

There is a workaround in the above thread, but for 100s of slides, I'm not sure it's the best solution.

Cheers,

Esther

Meteor

Hi ,

I am not able to download the macro mentioned in your link due to restriction on the site.

Kindly suggest any other alternative.

Pulsar

Hi @Srini_Advik 

That was the best I found. As mentioned, Alteryx doesn't support PowerPoint as an input.

May I ask what your ultimate goal is with the PowerPoints? Are you trying to scrape information from within them, or are you trying to create a very long powerpoint presentation?

Cheers,

Esther

Meteor

Hi @EstherB47 

I am just trying to create a long PPT.

Or else is it possible to read it in PDF files and consolidate??

Pulsar

You could try to convert everything to a PDF, and then consolidate them in, but I don't think I'd use Alteryx to do that. Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Distiller might be easier in this case.

Cheers,

Esther

Meteor

Hi @EstherB47 

I would like o use Alteryx than going to a new platform to consolidate.

Any macro to consolidate PDF at least?

Labels